At the funeral arrangement
The funeral director will spend time talking to you about the things you would like to occur at the funeral service.
- Should any jewellery remain on the person who has died or who should this be returned to.
- For cremation, what would you like done with the ashes following the cremation?
- For burial they will need to know whether a single depth interment is to occur or whether you would like the grave prepared for two or more people.
- Would you like flowers at the funeral or would you prefer donations in lieu of flowers
- Who will be the Pall Bearers?
- Where should the copy of the Registered Death Certificate be sent to when it arrives back at the funeral director’s office from Births, Deaths, and Marriages?
- Who will be responsible for paying the funeral account?
- Will the estate be handled by a solicitor?
They will cover off items such as:
- Where will the funeral be held?
- Whether you would like a minister, funeral celebrant, friend or whether you would like to run the service yourselves.
- Where will the person who has died be buried or cremated
- Flowers for the casket
- Photo Memory Presentation
- Service sheets
- Book of Remembrance
- Web-streaming the funeral
- Catering options
- Funeral notices for the newspaper
- Online tributes
- Type of casket to be selected