Registering a death
Information to register the person who has died is gathered and this information is made up of the following:
- Full name of the person who has died at their birth
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- The person who has died occupation
- Full name of Father of the person who has died
- Full name of the mother of the person who has died
- The mother’s maiden name
- The ages of all children of the person who has died
- The marriage details requested are as follows:
- To whom was the person who has died married to
- Their age when they got married
- The place of marriage
Please note if the person who has died was married several times the funeral director will need the above information for each marriage.
- Did the person who died have any honours or awards from the New Zealand Government
- Were they a marriage celebrant
- Were they a descendant of a NZ Maori
If the person who died was deployed for any overseas conflict the following will also be asked:
- Service Number
- Whether they were in the Navy/Army/Airforce
- Would you like a representative of the RSA to participate in the funeral service?
- Would you like the NZ flag draped over the casket?
- Would you like the Last Post to be played?